Monday, November 12, 2012

Hummingbirds

Today I took the hummingbird feeder the previous tenants left hanging in a tree in the backyard, and cleaned it, filled it with sugar water and hung it from the joshua tree in our new front yard. Within hours we had visitors. I spotted four different hummingbirds sipping nectar from the feeder. And they looked different than the ones in Anaheim. Hopefully I'll have time to take photos of them another day as it's dark out here. I also brought the glass hummingbird feeder from the apt. in Anaheim, but I haven't been able to find it yet.  We had four moving vans, so I'm sure it was in one of them somewhere.

Hummingbirds bring me joy. What can I say. My friend said in South America they call them Sugar Birds.

We've been putting out seeds for the wild birds as well. They didn't eat the sunflower seeds but they were gone by evening so something ate them. Probably the guinea fowl from the neighbor's house. They leap over the fence sometimes.

No comments: