Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not everyone loves the hula I guess

Around the corner from me there is a Hawaiian dance studio and about 4 times a year they are getting ready for some big production and have too many people to fit into the studio, so they practice in the alleyway behind the studio. So tonight I heard the drums and curiousity got the better of me so I went over to have a look. They had just started their routine with maybe 100 members when a clear glass bottle came sailing over the wall from the apartment complex behind them. It shattered about four feet away from the group. Momentarily everyone froze, then suddenly a bunch of the men went running around to the other side of the brick wall. A few minutes later I heard a van peeling out.

That was a little more excitement than I was expecting.

No comments: