Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And Then Breakfast Got Weird

This morning I took my library book Blogging For Dummies to breakfast. I'm not new to blogging but I thought I could pick up some tips from his book. I was reading it at McDonald's and got up to refill my drink when the local seniors club evidently spotted the title and by the time I got back this blowhard was spouting off about how blogging and chatrooms were for people with too much time on their hands and a bunch of crap anyways. The whole group is discussing it loudly from the three tables around me, so finally I'd had enough and said "Do you mind? After that we had some witty banter where he basically told me what a loser I was, so I went back to reading. Then another man who was directly behind me apologized on his way out for his loud mouthed friend. I told him, "I can't believe you actually hang out with that guy.

Well soon, and not too soon for me, mr. loudmouth and his merry gang of opinionated bigots got up and left, but not before I heard the N word a few times about the N that was running for President. So chalk it up to a very interesting and weird breakfast.

No comments: