Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mr Crabworthy gets a new home.

My hermit crab has been in the same ole shell for at least 3 years. So I bought $20 worth of hermit crab shells for him, and he did try one on, but it wasn't to his liking. So, I bought him a bigger one at Michael's. Well, it was way too big and he never gave it a second glance.

Then today I was watering the back yard and my eye happened upon some bleached out snail shells I got from an asian buffet last year. They used to be bands of green, but now they are white as snow. I noticed it was similar in shape to Mr. Crabworthy's old shell. First I gave it a good washing. Then I set it by the water dish this afternoon. He actually moved away from it when I set it down, so I figured that was that.

Then tonight when I went in the front room my boyfriend says non-chalantly, 'by the way your hermit crab changed his shell'. He's been in it a few hours now and I hope he sticks with it. He really is too big for the old one. I didn't take a photo because I sure don't want to startle him and make him leave his shell. Maybe in a few days if all goes well I will take one.

No comments: