Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm not sure what to think about Yousaytoo


I joined a site called YOUSAYTOO hoping to get more readers for my blogs and more revenue as well. But some of my blog posts are very short. They are short for 2 reasons. One is I only have so much time in the day. The other is that a daily blog is more or less a project report such as 'I am knitting a sweater' or 'I finally got that yarn I needed in the mail.' But I'm getting marked down in the ratings on yousaytoo. Maybe people have different views of what a blog post should be. People complain both when they are too long and when they are too short. Then I get a thumbs down. I'm not sure if I like yousaytoo enough to stay on it or not. If I keep getting negative ratings I'll probably leave, because who needs that? I only give negative ratings if the person either spells a lot of words wrong, or says something racist or demeaning in some way. I prefer giving positive ratings if its a particularly helpful blog post, or no rating if it's just a little blurb. Some people just get off on judging others I guess.

I've added this particular blog today because I tend to write longer posts here, though they are much more infrequent. Normally if I'm going to spill my guts its in long hand in a notebook style journal. And no one reads it but me.

No comments: